Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's been too long!!

I thought I would be better at blogging but as it looks I'm not...It seems to take me forever to make it around to post anything. With that being said alot's happened since the last post. Here are some highlights from '09

July-Bryce's Make-A-Wish trip
In July Bryce was granted his wish to go to DISNEY WORLD through the Make a Wish Foundation of the Midsouth. Bryce had the absolute best time of his life! (the picture was taken the last day we were at the Give Kids The World Resort-it is by far one of his best memories from the trip-he could not believe Scooby rode the carosel w/him) Going on this trip was such a life changing event for us. We realized how truly blessed we really are! We met some of the most amazing volunteers at GKTW! We feel in love w/ the resort and hope some time in the future to go back and volunteer there. To tell you how life changing it really was for me personally when we got home from the trip the 1st thing I did was go online and sign up to be a wish granter/volunteer for Make a Wish. I recently got assigned to my 1st wish to a sweet little boy. Im so excited about getting to do this. Being able to give back is so amazing! But even more amazing to see the families face as our volunteers saw us when we were "surprised" with Bryce's wish. I never realized I would find such a passion for volunteer work as I have.

August-Bryce started back to school

I can't even believe that Bryce is now in the 1st grade! I seriously want to tear up thinking about how he has grown throughout the years. Just the other night I layed in the bed w/ him just looking at how grown he is now. My has time flew by!

October-Fall Break Trip

Over Bryce's fall break we took our yearly trip w/ the in-laws to the mountains. We all really love Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. This years vacation to the mountains was great! We rented a cabin in Pigeon Forge which was beautiful. We went to the Aquarium, Gem mining, Dixie Stampede, Putt Putt, Lazer Tag and of course shopping! The night we did the Dixie Stampede Show Jason, Bryce and I all got picked to participate in the show. Bryce had to lasso a robe infront and the crowd and Jason and I got in on the games at the end of the show. We were on teams and had to ride stick horses around a course. It was so funny and of course our side won! ha ha


November-Bryce's Birthday/Make a Wish Radiothon/Halloween

Bryce turned "7" this year! I can't believe it either! This year he wanted a carnival themed party. Due to the rain we had to move the party inside but still had loads of fun! Bryce wanted cupcakes this year w/ circus peanuts on them:)


Bryce usually starts talking about Halloween months before its even here..And this year was of course no different. He generally picks a character of some sort(in the past Spongebob, Stitch, Pirate, Buzzlight year, ete) but this year he said he wanted to be a Comcast man. Jason works for Comcast and was so excited when Bryce told us that. So of course for Halloween they dressed alike! :)



Bryce was asked to be one of the spokeman's for the Make a Wish Radiothon in Jackson this year. We did a live tv appearance for Six in the City in Jackson. Bryce did some pre-recordings for commercials and a live interview the day of the Radiothon w/ Julie Cook of Star 107.7 in Jackson.


Bryce had a checkup appointment at Vanderbilt in December. We made this trip a mini vacation. We stayed at Gaylord, went to Ice, ate at the Rainforest Cafe and saw Santa at Bass Pro. At Bryce's appointment we learned his lung function isn't want it has been in the past. They are trying to get his numbers to come back up to where they were. Its not at a dangerous level yet but they wanted to start him on meds that would hopefully get those numbers back to where they once were. Right now he's doing (2) 30 minute sessions of chest therapy and now a pulmozyme inhaled treatment (1) time daily.


Christmas this year sure was exciting! Bryce has wanted a puppy for some time now and I've constantly put it off. The last few years we have been so busy going places constantly I just knew then we didn't have time for a dog. I finally broke down and we decided that this year we would get him one. He was so so excited! We now have a new member to the family. a little white malt-a-poo named Bentley:)

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I didn't know you had started a blog. I'm a follower now. I am so glad you guys got to do the Make a wish trip. I bet that was so amazing. I have seen the volunteers in Dallas airport before and it of course made me tear up. So glad life is going so great for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete